This Wire Tracer and Circuit Tester - including a sender and a detector - is designed to identify and trace wires or cables without damaging the insulation.
Use as Circuit Tester
Connect two alligator clips to the ends of the wire to check if resistance exists. If yes, the wire could be a short or open circuit. You can use the Wire Tracer function to locate the problem.
Use as a Wire Tracer
By sending a signal down the wire being tested, you can trace the wire with the detector probe. An audible tone will increase in volume as the probe gets closer to the wire. Even when you have a bundle of wires, you can still find the wire you wish to trace with the help of the volume knob.
For telephone lines, the Wire Tracer and Circuit Tester can identify Tip and Ring lines and determine the status of the line - clear, busy, or ringing - making it more convenient to maintain telephone lines.
Specifications:Maximum length of cable tested: Allows for sending tone up to 328 feet / 100 meter (the wire being traced is connected to power)
Frequency (nominal): 1.1 to 1.4 kHz for Sender; more than 30 Hz for Detector
Power: 2 x 6F22/9V batteries (not included)
Dimensions and Weight:
- Sender: 2.8 x 2.6 x 1.2 inch / 7 x 6.5 x 3 cm ; 3 oz / 85g
- Detector: 8.5 x 2 x 1.4 inch / 21.5 x 5 x 3.5 cm; 3.3 oz / 95g
Note: Do NOT connect to a DC circuit exceeding 42 volts or an AC circuit exceeding 24 volts.
Packaging Contents: detector, sender with RJ-11 plug and 2 alligator clips, manual. (batteries not included)Add To WishlistPrice: £21.95
- Trace electrical wires without damaging insulation using the tone mode
- Check for short and open circuits using the continuity mode
- Identify telephone tip and ring lines
- Detect phone line condition - clear, busy, or ringing
- Adjust sensitivity to differentiate wires in close proximity